Thursday 9 August 2012

Mind Uninterrupted

I wrote the following piece when I was not really in the best of my moods. I sat on it for a few days before publishing it because of the completely unorthodox phrasing of the post. There's absolutely no continuity but it has a kind of different charm, atleast for me.  

    Well, I have already written about all the shit I wish to do but I have not at all said a bit about myself. So, as everyone reading this knows, I am Aman Pandya(just a formality). I study at the much-hyped Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur(there will be seperate blog about the 'much-hyped' part). I am from the city of dreams, Mumbai. And here comes the first irony - people come to Mumbai to pursue their dreams and I am the asshole who has run away from it. But, as I have realised, my life is full of such ironies and I have adapted myself to plainly ignore them. Or so I feel. For if that were true, I wouldn't be writing this piece in the middle of a night after a heck of a day with an 8 am class which I just can't miss(fuck this wieghtage on attendence). And yeah I am also listening to these songs which I normally don't give a damn. Hmm, this realization makes me feel pathetic. Getting back to ironies, I am doing a Bachelors in Science majoring in Economics- a Humanities thing from the nation's supreme technological institute and moreover I am really happy doing it instead of engineering. Well, a change of track, and I wonder how much music influences human psych. Damn, this psychology course is really getting over my head. Jumping to Mumbai, I really love my city and really find it painful to exist anywhere less urban than it. Why the heck did I write that line? Perhaps I find it amusing to mock all other places of India or it's just that I really wanted to use the phrase 'less urban than'. I am writing arbitly. If I were speaking this, perhaps I would have been drunk. Was there alchohol in the Tropicana pack I last gulped? Oh, now I get, this is how it seems when you bring out every thought of yours and this also gives a title to this post. Obviously, I can't imagine to talk so much shit in normal life but that's the brain dominating mind thing I feel. This track is really amazing, do listen it - In the presence of enemies by Dream Theatre. Now I am really sleepy. Later folks.

4 comments:

  1. Too random, seriously, though it's too easy to experience a "feel" of your feeling(you know why?), and such random thoughts are not new to me too!

    Anyways, I second the thought of "much-hyped", and do take into my experiences too, when you plan to write one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I get that...and we'll surely discuss before I write that..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The randomness made me read i ! I could easily connect with frame of mind you were writing this piece in . I mean you just let your thoughts flow, which made me realize that even I had gone through a time cursing myself in the same way.
    P.S. I love reading blogs , so please be more er... regular ????

    ReplyDelete